10 Tips On The Selling Process
1. Deciding to sell. Consider what is happening in the broader market and what is best for your particular situation. Also decide if you are better off buying a new home before or after you sell your current home.
2. Choosing an agent. Your agent will be in charge of advertising, showing and completing the legal requirements of selling your property.
3. Next you’ll decide how you want to sell. You and your agent will work out a plan for listing, showing and selling your property.
4. Determining your selling price. Your property’s location, size, age and features will be assessed, as will the current market and area trends. Agent will be able to help in this process.
5. You’ll sign an agreement with your agent. This contract will detail any commissions, the estimated sale price, duration of the agreement, the process and much more.
6. Now you and your agent will sit down and go over the Contracts and Forms. These will include all of the details prospective purchasers will need to know about the property.
7. Advertising and showing your property. This generally involves photographing your property and written description of the property.
8. Going on the market. Prospective buyers will contact your agent and arrange times to view your property, or attend your open homes.
9. Sale and negotiation. Your agent will work on your behalf and mediate between you and buyers to reach a mutually acceptable price. The buyer will then pay a deposit.
10. Under contract and Closing. Both seller and buyer’s agents will work out the details of the sale to ensure both parties meet all legal and financial requirements. A closing date will be set. The parties will attend closing.
Once all paperwork and transfers complete. Keys are exchanged. Your house is SOLD! Congratulations!